Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Future of Language."



Masci, David. "Future of Language." CQ Researcher 17 Nov. 2000: 929-52. Web. 11 Apr. 2012
In my source called Future of Language they cover many different topics I find interesting for my research paper. They consider that English may become a universal language used by everyone soon enough.  They attribute this to the internet even though it goes on to say that French or Chinese would be more likely to take over. David Masci also discusses the use of Spanish in America and how that is quickly becoming like a second hand language in America even in school systems. For each of these differing points they have counter arguments for each topic. I think that the fact that each point has a counter argument makes this source a very useful one. It goes more in depth into my actual topic itself than any one of my other sources so far and has already given me more ideas to use in my paper than anything else. This source is going to be very helpful in writing my paper because I am going to use it to lead many of the opinions I will most likely make about language in the future and also use the counter arguments I see here to boost the research I have found by trying to point out the flaws in their argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment