Pelkonen, Mirjami. "Child and Adolescent Suicide." Academis Search Premier. 2003. Web. 17 Apr. 2012.
In "Child and Adolescent Suicide," is about the risk factors of suicide and approaches to prevention. Talks about the ages of youths and gives statistics on them in regards to suicide. It brings up risk factors such as, family related, age related, psychiatric, and adolescent suicide attempts. They have thought of prevention approaches such as, school based programs, crisis hotlines, media education, and more. The author of "Treating Depression," Marcia Clemmit and Pelkonen both share concern with suicide and how to go about helping these people who feel this sense of helplessness. They both are essentially talking about suicide, but go about it from different angles. One focuses more on prevention of suicide whereas the other is about what causes suicide. All in all I feel as though these sources fit well with the topic and coincide with one another in certain ways. Pelkonen's article relates directly to my research question: What possible factors or circumstances lead up to a teen feeling so inferior they contemplate suicide or actually go through with it? I feel as though this artcle sort of answers the question directly through statistics. Although this article is basically facts and statistics, I won't use them in that way. I will use the information as a guide to my essay. I can use examples from this text that I know are factual. This paper is supposed to be persuasive and not just facts. But I think that in this specific question facts are somewhat of a neccesity.
No comments:
Post a Comment