Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Why I Blog" by Andrew Sulivan


Sullivan, Andrew “Why I Blog” The Atlantic Nov. 2008. Web. 26 Oct. 2011

The Author Andrew Sullivan talks about how blogging is another way to talk to people. That people talk to their friends and family over the internet that it is a part of everyone life on a daily basis. Andrew Sullivan’s “Why I Blog” is talking about how people use the internet to communicate whereas Lev Grossman’s “You-Yes, You Are TIME’S Person of the Year” is talking about how wonderful people are for being able to use the internet and all its new changes. Andrew Sullivan’s “Why I Blog” is talking about how bad the internet is for people Susan Sontag’s “In Plato’s Cave” is talking about how photos are taking over things in your mind and taking the place of books. The story is about talking to people through the internet which is a piece of technology and so is a cellphone. Texting is a way of communicating with people on a daily basis and if someone knows how they most likely will. It helps me think about how much people text and depending on their age if it’s a regular thing or if it’s a need to do thing. The author would say that people use texting as a new way of communicating. He would also say that people have become accustom to texting instead of calling someone or finding a different way to get in touch with that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment