Carr, Nicholas. “Is Google Making Us Stupid?”. The Atlantic. July/August 2008. 10/12/11
In this article, Carr talks about how Google is altering the way people function. He talks about how the internet doesn’t allow people to think in depth anymore. It’s allowing us to become lazy. This is similar to the “Tv Makes You Smarter” article because it talks about how your brain is working while you’re watching television. You’re learning new information. Carr’s article is also similar to the article “Websites as Educational Motivators for Adults with Learning Disability”. They are able to think in new ways, whereas Carr believes they’ll only be able to think to a certain extent. I could use Carr’s article to show a new light on my topic. I am going to talk about how emailing can help people learn. I could use Carr’s article to prove him wrong in a way because technology is always changing our lives and we’re always learning. Learning new things means people are gaining knowledge and becoming smarter. I don’t think Carr would agree with my idea. I think that he would say that emailing is taking away our ability to communicate with others face to face.
No comments:
Post a Comment